International Health Certificates
International pet health certificates are a must for people who wish to take their pets with them on their travels abroad.
Pet Health Certificates
International pet health certificates are a must for people who wish to take their pets with them on their travels abroad. Preparing for travel to another country can be a challenging process, as the list of requirements is more extensive and you’ll have to do a little more research to make sure your pet satisfies those requirements, and any others that are specific to your destination country/countries.
The health certificate verifies that your pet is not only healthy but in compliance with all of the specific health standards of the country/countries to which you are traveling. This will prevent your pet from being quarantined when you arrive at your destination.
- Keep in mind that requirements can change, so bookmark your pages and check them periodically just in case.
- Some countries quarantine pets automatically. Verify whether your destination country follows this policy.
- Countries also have requirements for pet microchips, so be sure your pet has the right type.
- What tests are required for your pet? See what your pet still needs and schedule their appointment as soon as you can.
- Pet carrier requirements
- Where your pet will be located on the plane
- Sedation policy
- Their vaccination, parasite control, and health certificate requirements
4. Find out if USDA endorsement is required.